Preparing to Apply
Please read this information before you begin to work on your VA-ECAP application
- This application must be completed online, in one sitting!
- You will need approximately 15-20 minutes to complete this application.
- Application can be completed using a desktop, laptop, or a handheld device provided you have the capacity to upload relevant required documents.
- Check your browser setting to ensure that you will not be timed-out while completing this application.
- Attachment file size limitation is 5 Mb.
- Ensure you meet the application submission deadline.
- Ensure you meet all application and course requirements.
Be sure you have the following information when completing the application
- Valid email address.
- Name and address of the early learning program where you are currently employed or to which you will have access while enrolled in the VA-ECAP Credential Program.
- Early Childhood Program Accessibility Verification Letter from the program administrator (in PDF/WORD format) if not currently employed at a licensed center-based early learning program (NOT Home-based/Family child care).
- Level I: applicants must submit a copy of their valid CDA Credential or Early Childhood Development Career Studies Certificate in PDF format. Expired CDA Credentials will not be accepted. Level II: Submit copy of official transcript(s) (translated and evaluated, if applicable) in PDF format.
- Early learning program license expiration date
- Ages served at the early childhood program where employed or you will have access to while enrolled in the courses
- Early learning program type (nonprofit, for‐profit, faith-based, Head Start, etc.)
If you have questions before or during the application process, contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org M-F 9-5:30 PM Eastern Time.